MUIN 443 - Film Scoring Budget Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those who don't know how to start

2 posters

Go down

For those who don't know how to start Empty For those who don't know how to start

Post  Admin Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:12 pm

I went to the Q & A class on Tuesday. As far as I know, this should help you get started:

1) First, read the assignment and get a handle on what it's asking you to do (should be obvious)

2) Visit the AFM site and spend hours sifting through all of the information on it. Take notes of what information is relevant to the prompt.

3) After the last step, you should be able to start setting up your Excel sheet. All you need to do at this point is build the format & table, and add labels. If you would like, start adding in what information you think you know for sure.

4) Once your Excel sheet is built, ask yourself which parts of the assignment confuse you most. Also, take note of any information you still need to figure out.

5) At this point, use any resources at your disposal to fill in the gaps. Get what info you can from IATSE & other relevant unions. Crawl the web for answers. Ask classmates who might know the answer. Go to the Q & A class tonight. USE THIS FORUM; add what info you know that others might not, ask questions on the Q & A post section, help each other out!

Good Luck Everyone!

Best,

~ Chris

Admin
Admin

https://muin443.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

For those who don't know how to start Empty Re: For those who don't know how to start

Post  guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Is the Q&A class actually in class tonight or is it in his office?

Back to top Go down

For those who don't know how to start Empty It's in class

Post  Admin Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm

On Tuesday we met in the classroom as a group. I would assume it's the same today. UUC B2 ... just to be clear.

Admin
Admin

https://muin443.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

For those who don't know how to start Empty question

Post  renee Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 am

Hey everyone,
I'm willing to share my excel sheet for information if any one needs any help, I have some questions in return. Does anyone know which personnel are needed and how much they make. Also what do we need to rent from protools I have the rate sheet. Also do we know how much to charge for existing and new songs? Or are we just making assumptions based on the type of film?

renee

Back to top Go down

For those who don't know how to start Empty Re: For those who don't know how to start

Post  aaronfink89 Mon May 03, 2010 10:49 pm

orchestrator and arranger stuff?

Salary section revised FEBRUARY 2010
The American Federation of Musicians of the United States and Canada (AFM) pay scales for orchestrators vary with the number of lines on a page, the length of the piece and the medium. Most fees are negotiated between the client and the orchestrator. It is not absolutely necessary for orchestrators and arrangers to belong to the AFM; however, some employers, particularly in film and television, hire only union members.

In some instances, arrangers negotiate royalty agreements for pieces of music they have arranged or recorded, in addition to their fee.

According to the 2009 Alberta Wage and Salary Survey, Albertans in the Conductors, Composers and Arrangers group earned from $21.54 to $30.77 an hour. The average wage was $28.78 an hour.

For more detailed information, see WAGEinfo.

aaronfink89

Back to top Go down

Post  aaronfink89 Tue May 04, 2010 2:09 pm

renee wrote:Hey everyone,
I'm willing to share my excel sheet for information if any one needs any help, I have some questions in return. Does anyone know which personnel are needed and how much they make. Also what do we need to rent from protools I have the rate sheet. Also do we know how much to charge for existing and new songs? Or are we just making assumptions based on the type of film?

I would love to see your excel sheet for format help. I read the course reader last night, and there's a specific section that tells you who you need. I think its: orchestrator, arranger (for the hit song), copyist, conductor, scoring engineer, and a contractor. WE might need an orchestra manager but i'm not sure. I think that means the leader so it would double scale.

My email is aaronfink89@gmail.com
Email me as soon as you see this !

-Aaron

aaronfink89

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum